Knowledgebase: Domain names
Invalid Domain Format - Domain name registration error
Posted by Bill Williams on 17 December 2009 02:50 PM
A complete domain name is valid if it meets the following criteria:|
* A complete domain name must have one or more subdomain names and one top-level domain name.
* A complete domain name must use dots (.) to separate domain names.
* Domain names must use only alphanumeric characters and dashes (-).
* Domain names must not begin or end with dashes (-).
* Domain names must mot have more than 63 characters.
* The top-level domain name must be one of the predefined top-level domain names, like (com), (org), or (ca)
Please check your domain name for validity at http://sqa.fyicenter.com/Online_Test_Tools/Domain_Name_Format_Validator.php